Tuesday, August 26, 2014

♡ Update ♡ My Go-To Look Lately ♡ Confidence and Loving Yourself ♡

Hello, friends! I'm so sorry I've been MIA! It's been a busy summer for me and I've been trying to relax and enjoy every bit of it with family and friends. I've gone out of town more times than I can count this year. I've also been cutting some hair here and there. I have a couple of clients and friends that I see or come see me once a month. Aside from those things, I like my alone time as well where I just surf the internet or workout. Now that school is starting and autumn (my favorite season) is almost here (yay!), I will be updating more often.

I've been wearing this makeup look almost every day for the past two? Three weeks? It's my go-to because it's easy to achieve and makes me feel confident. I rarely feel that way so it's no surprise that I continue to  wear it. To be honest, I haven't changed up my foundation routine and I'm still obsessing over the NYX Natural Palette. It's easy to create a low-key smoky eye with....


The Details:
 
On my face:  
♡  Babyface Primer by Maybelline
Bareskin Brightening Foundation by Bare minerals in shade 04 Bare Ivory
Prep and Prime Highlight by MAC in Light Boost for highlighting and covering dark circles
ABH Contour Kit for contour and eyebrowz

Milani's Baked Blush in Delizioso Pink MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light to set everything
And for this look I switch back and forth between Revlon Lip Butter in Cupcake (as seen in these photos) and MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick.

 


On my eyes:
♡ "Heavens" from the Kat Von D Saint Palette on the brow bone and inner corner
 
Third to last (shimmery sand) color in the NYX Natural Palette over the lid
♡ Second to last (shimmery light brown) color in the NYX Natural Palette in the crease and lower lashline
♡ Last (dark velvet brown) color in NYX Natural Palette on the outer corners and blended into the crease
♡ Winged liner connected to my bottom lashline with Sephora Liquid Eyeliner 
♡ Lined the inner rims of my top and bottom lashline with L'oreal Voluminous Smoldering Liner
♡ No false lashes lately, just Covergirl's Flamed Out Mascara 


Hair: I'm obsesssseddddd with curling my hair lately. I use this Conair 1¼ Curling Iron and curl from the ears, down. I also find that curling the front pieces (that frame the face) with a straightener looks better than using a curling iron because those pieces are shorter than the rest of the hair. After all the curling I tease the crown and spray with my holy grail Aussie Instant Freeze Hairspray.
Whether I am blogging or working on a client, my goal is to help boost confidence. And how can I do that if I do not feel confident, myself? I must confess that I have never been a confident person. I've always been confident about my abilities as a hair and makeup artist, long before I went to Cosmetology school. But there's a big difference between that and actually and being comfortable or secure with yourself. I could have the biggest poof'ed up hair and I was proud of that but would I have the confidence to walk around with my head held high? No way! I would still have my shoulders slummed over and my head down. I admit, I still do that sometimes. 

It's been a long journey going from self-hate to self-love and I'm still not there yet. I imagine a lot of people in this world are going through the same thing. Whoever is out there reading this, I know we can do this. You are the only you in the whole wide world. Embrace and love every eyelash, freckle, scar, bone, every unique thing about you. Know that you are beautiful. Don't listen to people who discourage you or judge your looks in any way shape or form. Walk with your head held high and be confident! I know it's easier said than done but in time I know you and I will be okay.

Oh! And this is very important.... while working on your confidence and self-love and especially once you've achieved those things, never ever let anyone tell you that you're cocky or full of yourself. You need to know that it is 100% OKAY to love yourself, love the way you look, be confident, be confident in your abilities, etc. And while it's just as important to be humble, it's okay to be proud of yourself and the things you do and to say so every once in awhile. Society tells us "you should be proud of yourself" and then when we show it, we get pooped on. Don't buy into it. Be proud of overcoming things. And to the people who poop on you for that, they probably have the hardest battles inside to overcome. Like ignorance and hatred towards lovely people. Even more reason to disregard what they say c: 


Once again, thank you for visiting my blog and for reading. I hope I've inspired you, even just a little, in some way. I hope your summer has been amazing. Leave any questions, comments or suggestions below or send me an email at lyndsixo@gmail.com. For all other business inquiries contact me at lyndsikay234@yahoo.com. Talk to ya soon! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment